The Puerto Rico Department of Economic Development and Commerce (DDEC) is responsible for implementing and supervising the execution of Puerto Rico’s public policy on economic development in the various entrepreneurial sectors of manufacture, commerce, tourism, and services. In addition, the Department is responsible for promoting a stable and sustainable private sector that considers the globalization of today’s economy. The Department is committed to the implementation of strategies that foster investment, create jobs and improve the quality of life on the island. Scroll down to meet the team.
The DEDC is composed of 11 government instrumentalities that include agencies and public corporations focused on different economic sectors and initiatives:
- Puerto Rico Industrial Company
- Puerto Rico Tourism Company
- Puerto Rico Trade Company
- Puerto Rico Film Corporation
- Energy Affairs Administration
- Land Administration
- Office of Industrial Tax Exemption
- Horse Racing Sport & Industry Administration
- Roosevelt Roads Redevelopment Authority
- Puerto Rico Convention District
- Port of the Americas
If you require assistance for the process of obtaining a tax decree, we can help. We in touch with us through our Contact section, in order to coordinate a meeting or call to see if you business qualifies for a tax decree under Puerto Rico law.