The Department of Treasury of Puerto Rico or Hacienda as it is know locally, is the equivalent to the Internal Revenue Service in the United States, or the Department of Revenue in other countries. This agency is in charge of collecting all taxes for the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, and as the distribution agent for the monies used by the rest of the Government of Puerto Rico.
More specifically, the collect and administer:
- Personal Income Tax
- Corporate Income Tax
- Sales & Use Tax (and the PICO portal)
- Imports & Excise Tax
- Among other taxes
- The Department of Treasury offices are located at:
10 Paseo Covadonga
San Juan, 00901.
Click here for the map.
- The phone number is:
Tel: (787) 721-2020
- The mailing address is:
P.O. Box 9024140,
San Juan, P.R. 00902-4140
- If you need a Tax Calendar, please visit our Department of Treasury Tax Calendar.
- Other contact information can be found by click here.
- For Tax Returns, Forms, Schedules and other compliance documents, go here.
- For information on the latest Tax Reform, visit this page.
- If you’re an employer, you will find information on this page.
Please note that by contacting below, you will not be contacting the Department of Treasury of Puerto Rico. You will be contacting Porto Capital, Inc. (a Puerto Rico Act 20 tax incentive application consulting firm.)