Tax Planning and Tax Optimization
Managing corporate taxation from the entrepreneur’s and business manager’s perspective can be a daunting task. It becomes an ever increasing difficult function, given the multiple tax reforms and regulations recently enacted by governmental entities. All of them fighting for a bigger slice of the pie. Given the multiple reporting requirements an organization is required to meet for federal and state tax compliance, managers must delegate these functions to an outside expert. This way, owners and executives can focus on its core business. These issues can become extremely complex on its own. Furthermore, when operating in several jurisdictions at a time.
Porto Capital can help you make the right decision at the right time and ensure that taxation issues do not end up ruining your business. We have extensive expertise in providing federal, state, and international tax compliance services.
We team can help with the following:
Corporate Tax Planning & Compliance (Federal, State & International)
- Preparation and review of federal and corporate and partnership returns
- Assistance with calculating federal and state estimated tax payments
- Providing fast, efficient, cost-effective tax planning and compliance services
- Preparation of state and local returns including volume of business, property tax, sales & use tax, and corporate income tax returns for tax decrees
- Complex modeling and tax planning to optimizate cash flow and liability management between entities and its owners
- Tax decree application preparation and submission (Puerto Rico Act 20 Tax Incentives, Puerto Rico Act 22 Tax Incentives, etc.)
Mergers & Acquisition Consulting
Serving financial and strategic buyers in all types of acquisitions, including:
- Multiple entity transactions and cross-border acquisitions
- Strategic alliances, joint ventures, and strategic investments
- Consolidations, highly leveraged buyouts and recapitalizations
- Divestitures and spin-offs
- Tax-free and taxable acquisitions of assets or stock
- Debt and minority, preferred, and side-by-side equity investments
- Identify opportunities to reduce taxes in higher tax jurisdictions, while complying with regulatory requirements
- Taxable versus tax-free acquisitions, stock versus asset acquisitions, etc.
- Maximization net operating losses
Proper tax planning and structuring can make the difference between a good deal and a bad one. The right tax planning and structuring can avoid complicated legal and regulatory issues. And when necessary, we suggest alternative tax and accounting structures.
Tax Due Diligence
We ensure that due diligence is performed the right way. Complex regulatory environments make tax due diligence more than ever extremely important when acquiring a business. Always alert for any sign of aggressive accounting or overly creative financing transactions, we make the tough questions that everyone avoids. More recently than before, a deal’s tax complexities can ultimately make or break a transaction. We eliminate the guesswork to create complete transparency for all parties.
- Applying our expertise and proprietary methods of due diligence
- Evaluate quality of historical and projected cash flows, earnings and capital expenditures
- Identify contingencies and hidden costs
- Assess a target company’s internal control structure
- New merged entity tax planning and modeling
- Understand the effect of regulatory matters on a target company’s industry
- Identify and quantify tax exposures and future liabilities
If you have a question that we can answer, please contact us below.